A total of 427 Gentlemen Cadets (GCs) of 143 Regular Course, 126 Technical Graduate Course and 26 UES Course, including 80 Foreign GC’ from seven friendly foreign countries passed out from the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun on December 08, 2018. Lieutenant General Devraj Anbu, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, Vice Chief of Army Staff reviewed the parade. GC’s marched with full enthusiasm and vigour during the Passing Out Parade (POP) held at the iconic Chetwode Hall Building.
Maximum number of 53 officers were commissioned from Bihar, followed by Haryana with 51 officers. Meanwhile, 36 officers were commissioned from Bihar. Among the GCs of the friendly foreign countries, 49 cadets from Afghanistan completed their training.
Congratulating the GCs on successful completion of their training at IMA, the Reviewing Officer complimented all cadets for the excellent parade, immaculate turnout as well as the crisp and energetic drill movements indicating the high standards of training and discipline imbibed by the young Gentlemen Cadets. He also congratulated the award winners on their commendable achievement which is a reflection of their hard work and toil that they have put in while undergoing training here in IMA. He expressed his felicitations to the Gentlemen Cadets of friendly foreign countries who were also getting commissioned.
At the end he said that IMA’s world class reputation and the achievements of its Officers are attributed to the outstanding quality of its instructors and staff. He acknowledged the commitment of the instructors and staff of the IMA and their dedication to the Gentlemen Cadets. Complimenting the effort, he said, that the IMA has instilled in the GCs a sense of duty, loyalty and service to the Nation. Finally, he congratulated the parents and the families once again for the accomplishment of the vibrant, energetic young men, which is a result of their support and encouragement.
While interacting with the media, the Vice Army Chief said that the IMA cadets are being trained seeing the modern day security threats including hybrid warfare. He added that the cadets trained at the IMA are capable to fight with the enemy on any front.
GCs celebrating after commissioning into the Indian Army:
The Reviewing Officer presented the following awards:-
• The coveted award of the Sword of Honour and Gold Medal was presented to ACA Arjun Thakur. While interacting with the media Lt, Thakur said that he wanted the training to be tougher as after passing out the situation ouside would be harsher
• Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Second in the Order of Merit was presented to AUO Gurvir Singh Talwar.
• Bronze Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Third in the Order of Merit was presented to SUO Gurvansh Singh Gosal.
• Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Technical Graduate Course was presented to GC Harsh Bansiwal.
• Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Foreign GCs was presented to CSM Bishal Chandra Wajee.
• Chief of Army Staff Banner was awarded to Sangro Coy, MA Bn for standing Overall First amongst 16 companies for the Autumn Term 2018.