A total of 377 Gentlemen Cadets (GCs) of 145 Regular Course, 128 Technical Graduate Course and 27 UES Course, including 71 Foreign GC’ from friendly foreign nations on June 7, 2019. Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh reviewed the parade. GC’s marched with full enthusiasm and vigour during the Passing Out Parade (POP) held at the iconic Chetwode Hall Building.
The maximum number of 56 officers were commissioned from Uttar Pradesh, followed by Haryana with 39 officers. Meanwhile, 24 officers were commissioned from Bihar. Among the GCs of the friendly foreign countries, 45 cadets from Afghanistan completed their training.
Congratulating the GCs on successful completion of their training at IMA, the Reviewing Officer motivated the young officers. He also congratulated the award winners on their commendable achievement which is a reflection of their hard work and toil that they have put in while undergoing training here in IMA.
- The coveted award of the Sword of Honour and Gold Medal was presented to Academy Under Officer Vinay Vilas Garad.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Second in the Order of Merit was presented to Senior Under Officer Peekendra Singh.
- Bronze Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Third in the Order of Merit was presented to Battalion Under Officer Dhruv Mehla.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Technical Graduate Course was presented to Junior Under Officer Shiv.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Foreign GCs was presented to Gentleman Cadet Kuenzang Wangchu.
- Chief of Army Staff Banner was awarded to Keren Coy for standing Overall First amongst 16 companies for the Spring Term 2019.