457 GCs of 142 Regular Course, 125 Technical Graduate Course and 25 UES Course, including 74 Foreign Gentlemen Cadets (GC’s) from seven friendly foreign countries passed out from the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun on 09 Jun 2018. General Rajendra Chhetri, AWC, CGSC, MSS, Chief of Army Staff, Nepal Army, reviewed the parade. The GOC-in-C, ARTRAC Lt Gen MM Naravane, AVSM, SM, VSM, delegation members and Defence Attaches also witnessed the Parade. The GCs displayed tremendous enthusiasm, vigour and zeal, putting up an excellent show, marching to Military tunes of `Col Bogey’ and `Sare Jahan Se Achha’ with pride and élan.
Congratulating the GCs on successful completion of their training at IMA, the Reviewing Officer complimented all cadets for the excellent parade, immaculate turnout as well as the crisp and energetic drill movements indicating the high standards of training and discipline imbibed by the young Gentlemen Cadets.
He also congratulated the award winners on their commendable achievement which is a reflection of their hard work and toil that they have put in while undergoing training here in IMA. He expressed his felicitations to the Gentlemen Cadets of friendly foreign countries who were also getting commissioned.
At the end he said that IMA’s world class reputation and the achievements of its Officers are attributed to the outstanding quality of its instructors and staff. He acknowledged the commitment of the instructors and staff of the IMA and their dedication to the Gentlemen Cadets. Complimenting the effort, he said, that the IMA has instilled in the GCs a sense of duty, loyalty and service to the Nation. Finally, he congratulated the parents and the families once again for the accomplishment of the vibrant, energetic young men, which is a result of their support and encouragement.
The Reviewing Officer presented the following awards:-
- The coveted award of the Sword of Honour was presented to ACA SACHIN KUMAR CHAHAR.
- Gold Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit was presented to BUO AADITYA NEEKHARA.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Second in the Order of Merit was presented to BUO AATISH SEHGAL.
- Bronze Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing Third in the Order of Merit was presented to SUO KULDEEP NANASAHEB PAWAR.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Technical Graduate Course was presented to JUO ROHIT DILIP PATWARDHAN.
- Silver Medal for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Foreign GCs was presented to SUO BUKHORI SAYDULLOEV.
- Chief of Army Staff Banner was awarded to MIEKTILA COY, THIMAYYA BN for standing Overall First amongst 16 companies for the Spring Term 2018.
This time around 63 officerss have commissioned from Uttar Pradesh, 33 from uttrakjand, Haryana has given 49 officers where as 29 officers are commissioned from Punjab. Till date 58282 officers have been commissioned into the Indian Army, where as 2181 foreign officers have successfully completed their training from the academy.
The Commentators enthralled audience with their magic of their words. The commentary team of the IMA included GC Dogra, Col Jiwan Kumar Singh, Mrs Aaditi Sharma, Maj Preeti Yadav. Lt. Col Dinesh who is instructor at IMA also handles an additional responsibility of public relations.